Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beach

 
 
 
Tonight I'm wishing I'd taken the kids to Harrington Beach way sooner than  5 days before school starts back up. We stopped briefly on our way home from errands as a special treat. I brought our big bucket of sand toys and no swim suits, cause I figure they'd last a few minutes and want to leave.

 
 
 
 
Boy was I wrong. They had a blast. At first just playing in the sand, then slowly venturing in to the lake til they were waist deep in the water. A few times they glanced over at me as if asking, Is it really ok to go in with my clothes on? A quick nod gave them enough reassurance to head right in.

 
 
 
 
Its been years since I've been down to the beach and I forgot just how great it is. And to think its just about in my backyard!
 


 


We may just have to head back this fall for some walking on the trails to see what else they have to offer.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment