Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Testing me

Well Miss Lainey sure tested me today just to see how freaked out I'd get, and she won.







I took the kids to home depot this morning to pick up some wood for their swing set. All the kids were sitting on the bottom of a cart. Not a regular shopping cart, but one of the big ones used to get wood with the flat bottom. We were stopped in the middle of an isle, the next thing I know Lainey is laying on the ground crying.







I immediately kneeled down to scoop her up and the next thing I know she is out cold, limp in my arms! Panic set in. I laid her back down on the ground, then picked her back up, yelled at the kids lets go! Seconds later she had come to as we were racing down the isle her little eyes looking up at me as if saying, what the heck just happened. I asked her "Lainey are you ok?" and got the sweetest little response back "Ya"







When we had gotten to the store I let all the kids pick out a treat, they were going to get it if they were good in the store. As we were rushing back out they all had their hands gripped on their goodies, but unfortunately I didn't want to stop to pay for them so in a panic they were forced to drop their goodies as we were running out.



I called the Doctor to give her a heads up we were coming. Once there she looked Lainey all over.  Other than a little bruise that had already formed on her forehead, she was just fine. Phew! I was still really concerned with her episode of passing out and did she possibly get a concussion. The Doctor reassured me that since the fall was from such a low distance, only a few inches up, and her normal behavior immediately after the event she felt a concussion did not occur. She said often times when kids get hurt, are extremely upset, or just want attention they hold their breath causing them to pass out. In Lainey's case the initial shock of her falling and hitting her head must have been enough to freak her out to hold her breath. The bad news is that once kids learn how to do this behavior it tends to repeat itself.  I sure hope she doesn't do it again, cause once was enough!




I am so relieved that she is just fine, and all turned out ok. From now on I may just have to bring in my 5 point harness stroller to keep her tied down.





I felt so bad, that I couldn't say no when she wanted the pudding cup BEFORE dinner was served.


No comments:

Post a Comment