Friday, May 25, 2012

Count down


For the past 3 years at this same time of the year I find myself saying...where did the school year go? Each year at the beginning of school I can't help but think how the end looks so far away, but just like everything else it goes by like a blink of an eye.

I thought we'd try something new this year to help the kids keep track of the final day of school. I wrote numbers 1-9 on individual pieces of paper and we all sat down to color them in. Then we put them in order, hung them on the pantry door and are looking forward to pull one off every day they get home.





I put together our bucket list for this summer and will have to post that later. I got the idea last year from my favorite blogger and cousin in law as she had posted one for her kids. I loved the idea last year and the kids loved looking thru the the list and picking out things they wanted to do. They also loved crossing out the things we got to do, so we shall do it again.

In only 8 more school days we will begin our new journey of completing our summer bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment