Saturday, May 26, 2012

Island

Can we go to the island today?

This is the one question I hear all winter long. My response every time...No guys we have to wait til it gets warm.

Well guess what...Its island time!!


What is the island you ask? A quick hour from our house is a town called Hustisford. There is a lake called Sinnissippi Lake and on that lake is an island called Campers Island. This is where our campsite is. My parents have taken me and my 3 sisters out there since we were babies. It is a place we love to get away to and the best part its close to home so the kids can handle the ride with no problem. Because it is an island you need a  boat to get across which makes it even more fun. There is no running water or electricity....Just the great outdoors! We have upgraded over the years and are no longer tent camping. We now have a small 1 room cabin that we sleep in. The rest of the time is spent outside running around, swimming, flying kites or just taking it easy in a lawn chair.

The kids are starting to wake up now so off I go to get the last of the necessities packed up.

To the island we go!

2 comments:

  1. sneaky! I just figured out that you became a follower on my blog and have a blog of your own. Hope it's okay that I peek in. LEt me know if you it isn't :)

    Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course its ok. Don't be too critical, my writing or blogging isn't nearly as good as yours, but I loved your idea of keeping it as a journal for the kids to look back at some day :)I love reading yours too.

    ReplyDelete