Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween

We began our Halloween with a little pumpkin gutting followed by some carving.
 
 
 
Michael is the only one I trust with a knife, or pumpkin knife that is, so he was allowed to cut the face on Lainey's pumpkin. The others got to pick the designs they wanted me to cutout on their pumpkins.
 
 
When the pumpkins were done we quickly got ourselves dressed and headed out the door to get some treats.
 
This year I splurged and got the boys some fancy Star wars costumes. I was ok with the price since I knew my boys would be wanting to wear them more than just Halloween day. They LOVE their dress up bin and these make a great addition to it.
 
I wasn't to happy however when the costume that came for Landon was WAY TOO BIG! They clearly messed up in packaging and put an adult costume in the package marked for kids. So another costume was quickly reorder in his size again and luckily enough for him it came the day before trick or treat and the right size.
 
So now what do I do with the adult size you ask. Well we make Dad wear it. He truly was a great sport and we didn't have to do much begging at all. Maybe because he could hide behind the mask :)
 
 
 
 
Candy action!
 
 
 
 
By the end of trick or treat Mackenzie was done and refused to get in on the group picture, so here they all are in costume, minus Mackenzie.
 
 
 

I hope you had a great Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. priceless. You have made it a mission to get my clan all in costumes...including daddy!

    ReplyDelete