Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Swim Lessons begin


This is it! This is the year we are going to have no screaming children that are afraid of swim lessons...
 or so I thought. 

I've been talking up swim lessons the last few days in hopes everyone would be ok with it. Michael, as usual, was eagerly waiting to jump in the pool and get started. Landon was showing no fear either. But Miss Mackenzie quickly lost interest the second we walked into the changing room. 




I was hoping I wouldn't be the mother of the screaming child, but yesterday I got stuck with her.  She lasted about 30 minutes sitting poolside crying and giving me those little eyes that were saying please Mom come get me. I sat on top, waved gave a few thumbs up, but that wasn't enough. She eventually got up and ran out the door and found me. 




After a ice cream treat for everyone except her, I thought for sure today she'd go in just to get her treat, but nope, today she flat out refused to keep her suit on. 




So we headed to swim once again. The boys had fun while Mackenzie got stuck sitting in the chair to watch. Here's to hoping she will go in on day 3...


We did make the best of our not so fun morning yesterday and ventured to Possibility Park in Port Washington. Since we were there bright and early at 9am the park was empty, which made it way more fun to have the park to ourselves!


Where's Landon?









We took a walk to look at the lake and found these neat stairs. So down we went to check out the beach!








The kids quickly filled up some spare sandwich bags with shells and back up the stairs we went.






And if that wasn't enough fun for the day, we ended the evening at Michael's baseball game to watch him pitch his very first game!




It's no wonder why the kids don't want to do anything today, we sure had a busy day yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment