Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School

 
It is that time of year again that some Moms love, while other Moms hate.
 
 I find myself in the middle of the two. I am often dreading back to school because I love having all my littles at home with me.
I look forward to our mini adventures with just us.
I look forward to our lazy morning with no rushing out the door.
I just plain old enjoy them.
 
And yet on the flip side, by the time summer has come to an end I can't wait for them to head back to school.
 I despise the nonstop bickering over silliness.
 
 So I apologize to you dear teachers, but now they are yours. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine and hearing about all the new things they have learned.
 
Last week we headed off to school to meet teachers and drop off the loads of supplies. This year I will have 3 in school. A 4th grader, 2nd grader and afternoon 4k.
 
 
 
I asked the boys to  pick out something nice for their first day, and this is what I got...
 
(no those are not stains on Michael's shirt, just water marks or I would have made him change)
 
 
I begged them to change so I could have a nice picture of them, and well that opened a whole new can of worms because in their eyes they are too big for pictures. Not wanting to argue and risk missing the bus, I gave up on the clothes and opted to get a picture instead. I remind them that EVERY year there will be a first day picture, so get used to it.
 
 
Can you tell which one doesn't like getting his picture taken ;)
 
 
 
Off to the bus stop we went, so the moms could mingle and await this beautiful site...the bus.
 
 
Goodbye boys! Have a great first day! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment