Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Up North

We finally made it to our yearly trip up north this weekend. It was one year ago that I snapped this picture of my littles while out on a walk. So I felt it was only fitting that we head out on that walk again this year and snap a new picture.
 
I can't wait to see how much they will change by next year.


 
This year we headed over to Laona to the Lumberjack museum. You check in at one spot and then board a train and take a ride to the museum.
 
I made sure to have plenty of umbrellas on hand since they had been calling for rain. Luckily for us, it was only drizzling while we waited for the train, but once he boarded it was an instant down pour.


 
We didn't make it too far down the track before our train got hijacked! The next thing we knew the bad guys were riding up on horses, running through the train cars and asking for our money!
 
 
 
 
But not to worry, the good guys quickly showed up and got into a gun battle with the bad guys, Phew safe again and away we went on our journey down the track.
 








 
 
No trip up north can go without a trip to the candy store. So before we headed back to the cabin for the afternoon we made sure to swing by. This is probably one of the best candy stores I've been in. It is wall to wall candy in 3 buildings and 2 floors. It is a child's dream, or an adults dream come true too.
 



 
My favorite case is most definitely the chocolate case, but since I've been working hard on watching what I eat and working out, I limited myself to only 2 pieces. And let me tell you, I sure enjoyed EVERY bite of those 2 pieces ;)
 
 

The kids love getting their own baskets and filling them up with goodies. Every time I am amazed that they check with me first to see if they can add it to their basket and if I say no, they put it back and move on without a fight.
 

 

 
Back to the cabin we went for a relaxing afternoon of movies, board games and hot chocolate.


 
We headed out early Sunday morning so we could make it back to the Lion Clubs Packer party that my Dad throws every year. This year it happened to fall in between both my parents birthdays so we made sure to have a cake on had to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment