Thursday, August 8, 2013

Camp Rokilio

So I fell behind on posting about boy scout camp, so here it is better late then never. Michael did fantastic, no calls saying he was homesick, he was super excited when he got home talking about all the fun things he did. He was not too happy that there was spiders in the tents and bathrooms, but overall had a great time and said he'd go back! Yeah!
 
Landon also did GREAT! I was so worried about him from the moment I dropped him off to the moment I picked him up. I think the hardest part was not being able to just give him a call and say hey how are you? I did receive one email Thursday night around 10:30 pm saying he had a moment of homesickness. He shed a few tears, but after one of the Dads chatted with him, he felt better and stayed.
 
Friday evening we were able to have dinner with Landon. We first joined them at the flag ceremony.
 
 (Landon 2nd from right)
 
And then headed over to dinner. After dinner we headed back to camp for a campfire. The boys had the option to go home with their parents after the campfire of stay the last night. I thought for sure Landon was going to come home. But after a few tears he insisted on staying. I questioned him and again said, you can come home, but he said no he had to stay to get his badge, and that he did.
 
 
 
This is the Fort cabin that Landon stayed in. The boys all slept in one room with about 12 bunk beds and there was a regular bathroom, so that had it pretty easy :)
 



Landon took us for a walk around the camp to check out the other cabins. It was cute to listen to him tell us the rules as we were walking around, no picking up sticks/rocks, no running and no going up to other cabins. So when Grandpa wanted to get a closer look Landon gave us a stern NO, and we had to reassure him it was ok to get close and look since it was parents night.




The space station
 
 


 

The train station





And I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the Kohler Castle, oh well, maybe they'll get to sleep in that one next year :)
 
 
I did give both the boys disposable cameras to capture their few days away, so once I get those developed I'll be sure to post them. That is, if any them are worth posting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment