Friday, August 2, 2013

Harrington State Park

On our way home from the fair yesterday I commented to Steve how it would be nice if he had the day off again on Friday. Well to my surprise when I woke up today he was still in bed! I panicked and thought he had over slept, then he informed me he had called and asked for another vacation day, YEAH!

So we ventured over to Harrington Park, but this time to hit up the trail, not the beach. 





We headed to the Quarry, which none of us had been before and took a nice stroll around the whole quarry.




The kids loved trying to spot fish in the shallow water close to the edge, I panicked and prayed that none of them would fall in.







We had a successful walk, and left the park with all dry kids!






While on our walk we passed several bikers and Steve thought, why don't we come back later and ride our bikes on the bike path. All the kids agreed that would be fun. So we left the park to run some errands and let Lainey get her nap in.

I later packed us up a picnic and we headed back to the park to get our riding on.









I was most surprised with Mackenzie who hopped right on the back of my bike with no fear at all! We biked for a good 2 miles before taking a break to try out the water pump and eat our dinner. And then hopped back on the bikes for the 2 mile bike ride back.




The boys did FANTASTIC, not one complaint, they made it the whole ride and loved it. The kids also loved watching for critters on our trek. We saw a total of 7 deer and 8 bunnies!



Now everyone wants to know, where can we ride next?







1 comment:

  1. love your posts!! Especially love your 4 kids holding hands, walking ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete