Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Beaching it Up

On Father's Day Steve took the boys out to Random Lake to do a little fishing. Michael was most excited for this big venture. The only fishing they have done is just fishing off the end of Grandpa's pier at the island. After a busy day and late night Saturday (didn't get home til 12:30 am after the movie) the boys still managed to get up and out the door by 7am Sunday morning. Steve's Dad Gary and my dad Mike also joined in for the trip. Landon only lasted til 10am and then wanted off the boat so Gary kindly took him to his house til I could come get him.

 My Mom and I were planning on taking the girls to the beach so we headed out, got Landon and met the men at the beach.


 

 

 
The men joined us for a picnic lunch and Michael insisted on heading back out since he hadn't caught a 30 pounder yet. So off Steve, Michael and Dad went to try to catch some bigger fish.




Mom and I hung close to the water front and watched these 3 beach bums enjoy themselves.

 

Lainey has already fallen in LOVE with the water this summer. She just can't seem to get enough of it. She just grabs her little floating ring and toddles herself around and around. I love it when she kicks her little feet up and lets herself float about. I can't help but think she must have been a fish in another life.


Mackenzie kept herself busy swimming, digging and building castles.


And then there's Landon. He put in his time fishing in the morning so he could enjoy the afternoon digging in the sand.

The fishing men finally got off the boat at 2 pm...way longer than I ever expected them to be out there.  And since Michael spent all day on the boat this is the only picture I got of him. I did send Steve with my old camera to take pictures with but, he took none. Oh well there's always next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment