Sunday, June 10, 2012

Growing like weeds

No better time to try out the pool then on the last day of school. I couldn't help but smile when the boys said to me "mom did you get a smaller pool, this one's not as deep as last year." my response "no boys you just grew alot over the winter." Oh how I wish I could hit the pause button.

 Miss Mackenzie informed me over the weekend that she was not going to grow any bigger, she is going to stay this size forever. I am all for that.

As I watch all my loves grow little by little everyday, this day I realized Miss Lainey is on her way to independence. I had her in one of those baby floaters in the pool with the kids. She was LOVING floating around as the kids splashed around her. Then I gave all the kids one of those small round tubes and instantly she wanted nothing to do with the baby ring...she wanted a big kid ring. So I stood close, gave in, and let her have it. Oh my gosh the smile she got as she was able to float around all by herself was the best! She just loved kicking her feet up and floating around in that tube.

So here we go headed into another fun filled summer, with my final little love growing way too fast right before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment