Saturday, June 16, 2012

Relaxing at Home



Sometimes we just need a break from our busy schedule to relax and do nothing. The boys have been good and kept their room clean for more than just a few days , so I thought I’d give them a reward.

I was telling Michael how a coworker’s boys love Lego’s just as much as they do. I also informed him and Landon how these boys keep the Lego’s together, they don’t tear them apart 3 days later and leave them unable to be put back together. My boys were making some of their own cars and house so I told them how these other boys have a whole lego city built on a table that they can play with.

My boys instantly became excited and wanted to do the same thing. Only 1 problem, of all the Lego’s we own not a single one is a lego city all are either star wars or another superhero. Lucky enough for them I just happened to have airplane and truck set stashed for a rainy day. Even though it wasn’t a rainy day, I knew after the busy week they had, they could use a day to chill and build Lego’s

So I gave each of them a set and for 2 hours they worked like crazy beavers to get them done.

Years ago when the boys were into Thomas the train my dad made them a LARGE table to set the trains on. The table has been collecting dust in the basement so Michael and I hauled it upstairs to their room so that they would have a place to play with the new Lego’s. Of course they wanted a lake so I found a can of blue paint and added a lake for them.

For 2 days now they have been playing almost nonstop with those set and the best part, they are still together. I can’t help but think we have just wasted 2 beautiful days of summer in the house. But then I think of how great the boys have been playing together and we have plenty more sunny days ahead, so for now we’ll take a break inside.

1 comment:

  1. that is why I crave rainy days in the summer. Then I don't have that thing inside me making me feel guilty for not being outside all. day. long. However, I have now realized that high sun time midday is a good excuse too. It is hard to feel okay not being outside on gorgeous days. But it is okay. Totally. okay. But do you notice the house is so much more cleaned up on days when you are outside. love that too.

    ReplyDelete