Sunday, June 17, 2012

On the go Saturday


I've lived in Ozaukee County all my live and never have paid the Pioneer Village a visit. It was on our summer bucket list last year, but because it is only open 5 times throughout the summer we missed making it there. We happened to be home this weekend and it was their free, and I LOVE free events, family day so the kids and I took advantage and headed over.



I admit I was expecting there to only be a few buildings to see and figured we'd be in and out in 30 minutes, but to my surprise there were 26 buildings to go through. There was an old school house, carpenters shop, barn, several houses, blacksmith, an old train station and a few others. All the kids really enjoyed going through the buildings and looking at all they had to see. 

They even loved giving this old laundry tub a whirl. They weren't too keen on me getting one of these to replace my washer, they said that'd be too much work.


They were also able to learn how to make their own candles.




2 1/2 hours later we made our way through it all. I was impressed at all there was to see. In September they are having a Revolutionary War reenactment and the boys are already talking about going back to see that.




Our day didn't end there. We went home to take a little break and then loaded up the truck to take the hour and 20 minute drive to the Drive in Theater. We enjoyed a picnic dinner and played some catch while waiting for the movie to begin.

As a kid my parents would take my sisters and I to Drive Ins for a special night out and we would love that. I wanted my kids to enjoy one of the few Drive In Theaters left out there so off we went. The long drive was worth it as the kids
LOVED it!


We are already talking about going back when Ice Age come out. We shall see. They all did great. Lainey spent more time jumping back and forth over the seats, but hey what do you expect from a 20 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment