Monday, June 25, 2012

Swim lessons resumed

Year 2 of swim almost started out great until Mackenzie, at the last minute, chose not to participate. It totally brought me back to where I was 1 year ago, only it was Landon fighting me not wanting to go. I'm not sure what it is that makes them dread it so much. We have a pool in our backyard and some days I have to drag them out of it. Maybe its the fear of the unknown.



The teacher offered to take Mackenzie from me to see if she'd go along. As I peeled her claws from my back, I handed her off and hid in the doorway. After 5 minutes, yes it was a whole 5 minutes, of her constant screaming I gave in and got her. I really wanted her to stay and give it a whirl, but sensing all eyes on me and them wondering when was I going to make the screaming stop I said enough. I'm not sure how tomorrow will go or if I will just forget it and say lets wait til next year.


The boys however have grown tremendously. Landon who pulled the same stunt last year that Mackenzie pulled today hopped right in the pool and was ready to go. Last year it took him 4 days to even get in the pool and not once did he put in face in the water. Today in he went, not clutching on to a teacher and even put his face in the water. SUCCESS!! There is no question in my mind that this year, for sure, he will finally graduate from level 1.



Micheal of course seems to excel in everything he does thus making this another task he can very quickly cross off his completed list. At one point today they had him doing the crawl and to my surprise he knew how to do it and even did it better than another boy in a higher level that I had watched.
WAY TO GO MICHAEL!



So for the next 2 weeks our mornings will begin at the pool improving our swimming skills. Bring on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment