Wednesday, July 24, 2013

And they're off!

10:15 this morning on the dot we were at Mr Bakers house to drop Michael off. I have no worries about this boy. He will LOVE camp and probably miss me very little. Like I've said a thousand times before he is my social butterfly. This is what he strives for, making new friends and having free time. I know he will have a blast and I am so excited he is enjoying cub scouts so far.
 
I was a girl scout for several years and the thing I looked forward to the most was the summer week long camping trip to Camp Evelyn. It was sooo much fun to be on my own, make new friends and do all sorts of fun activities. I'm so glad they are now at the age to start enjoying these fun camping trips with friends.
 
 
 
 
 
When I initially told Landon he would be going to camp, but a different one than Michael he immediately responded "I'm not going" After several chats with other Dads and boys that went and telling him all the fun things he will do, he finally warmed up to it. So much in fact that he wanted to be dropped off first, even though his drop off time wasn't scheduled til 11:15.
 
Because of Michael's age and rank in the cub scouts he had to go to a different camp, so the 2 had to be separated. Luckily for Michael most of the boys in his cub scout group were going too. Unfortunately for Landon none of the boys his age, in his group that he's met with all year long were going. (if I had know this sooner, I may not have sent him) So instead he went with the boys that are a year older than him.
 
The cub scouts get together once a month for a big meeting, so Landon has seen the other boys around.  But the mother in me is just worried that he will be left out and all alone. I felt much better after dropping him off today when I over heard one of the Dads call him over and say "would you like to drive with us" and his little head shook yes. I had given that Dad a heads up as to how nervous Landon was, so hopefully he'll take him under his wing.
 
 



Ok I'm done worrying, its 10:15pm and I haven't received a call yet to come get him, so I guess that must be a good sign.
 Right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment